Who might benefit from or want to participate in SAWACA?
Here are some possible constituents:
• social workers and SW teachers
• members of Association for Spirituality and Social Work
• pilgrimage groups
• activists and peace walk groups
• prayer walkers, chaplains and ministers
• kokorodists/sangha walkers
• labyrinth enthusiasts, groups
• Buddhist/religious academics
• members of the clerical profession
• walking/hiking enthusiasts
If you have something to offer, contact us today:
The SAWACA Mission
SAWACA affirms the value of walking as a spiritually and psychologically beneficial activity. It is dedicated to the study and promotion of all forms of walking as spiritual, psychological, or simply "contemplative" activity.
It acts as:
• a focal point for study,
• a means of information sharing between members and the public,
• the opportunity to build collaboration between its members and supporters, and
• a spokesperson for walking and contemplative activity.